Ways to Give
In addition to prayers and volunteer support, we rely on donations from dedicated friends to fund the ministry of the Fresno Rescue Mission. There are a variety of ways you can give to help change lives in our community.
Making a gift by cash, check or credit card is the easiest way to give to the Fresno Rescue Mission and play an active role in all we do! All of our ministry income comes from our community — we accept no government funding.
It’s gifts from friends like you that make change possible in the lives of the men, women, and children we serve. Some people give $5 a week, some give $25 or more per month, while others make one large gift each year.
Every gift, big or small, will change lives! However God leads you to give, please know that we are very grateful for any gift, and we will be good stewards of what you provide to us.
You may donate online securely by using your debit or credit card to give your gift.
Electronic Funds Transfer
You may also sign up for our Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Donation Option. EFT is a direct debit program whereby your donation is debited automatically from your checking or savings account. To sign up, download and complete the Electronic Funds Transfer form. Then, return it with a voided check or savings account deposit slip. It’s easy… and convenient!
Support the Fresno Rescue Mission while you shop!
3x your impact! From March 12-31, Amazon is tripling the donation rate on your first smile.amazon.com purchase! Go to smile.amazon.com/ch/94-1279785 and Amazon donates to Fresno Rescue Mission.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support the Fresno Rescue Mission every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to us!
1. How do I support the Fresno Rescue Mission when shopping on AmazonSmile?
On your first visit to AmazonSmile smile.amazon.com, you need to select Fresno Rescue Mission to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. The system will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make at smile.amazon.com will result in a donation.
1. How do I shop at AmazonSmile?
To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile.
Tens of millions of products on AmazonSmile are eligible for donations. You will see eligible products marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on their product detail pages. Recurring Subscribe-and-Save purchases and subscription renewals are not currently eligible.
The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item minus any rebates and excluding shipping & handling, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, or service charges. From time to time, we may offer special, limited time promotions that increase the donation amount on one or more products or services or provide for additional donations to charitable organizations. Special terms and restrictions may apply. Please see the relevant promotion for complete details.
2. Can I receive a tax deduction for amounts donated from my purchases on AmazonSmile?
Donations are made by the AmazonSmile Foundation and are not tax deductible by you.
Donations of clothing, household goods, and more!
The Fresno Rescue Mission uses donated clothing and household goods to help at-risk men, women, children, and families. We continue to give away items as needed to our guests and to people in our community who are facing tough times.
In addition, excess items are sold through our Fresno Rescue Mission Thrift Store and Cars. All proceeds go right back to helping the same at-risk individuals who also receive free goods from us.
- School supplies
- Backpacks for adult men
Wish List/Large Item Needs:
No items at this time.
Small Items Needed:
- Pull-ups, Diapers & wipes (ongoing need)
- School uniforms: new or gently used (Red or Navy Polo Shirts)*
- Red or Navy plain zip sweatshirts or jackets
- Clear reusable water bottles w/lids or tumblers
- Spot & Stain Remover, Oxi-Clean
- Stain Stick, Spray ‘N Wash*
- laundry baskets
- Bras (esp. large sizes)
- Ladies washable dress pants, esp large size
- Dress shoes; size 9, 10 & 11
- Trouser & dress socks
Donations may be designated for:
- FRM/RTC General Fund
- RTC Curriculum—classroom material and curriculum
- RTC New Smile Project- Dental assistance
- Assorted gift cards: Walmart, Target, JCPenney, Marshalls, Payless or Old Navy
- Blankets, sheets, pillows (twin)
- Reading glasses
- Toiletries (Bar soap, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, razors, toothbrushes)
- Ham for the Good Friday/Easter Luncheonplus…
- Vegetables (canned)
- Frozen Proteins (all varieties)
- Portable Sound System
- Quality used forklift
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why should I give items to the Mission if you sell what I donate?
Our ongoing goal is to continue to provide for the physical and spiritual needs of the homeless and other at-risk individuals. Homeless and at-risk individuals and families who turn to us for help will continue to receive free clothing and household goods.
However, individuals and families who can afford to pay something may purchase items from the thrift store. We know from experience that it lifts people up when they are able to pay for what they need as opposed to accepting a handout.
- The thrift store is used as a vocational training center, providing job training for men and women in our Next Steps processes and the Mission’s recovery programs.
- Churches and other organizations can partner with us by donating quality items to help us build for the future. It also creates volunteer opportunities for people in the community who are looking for a way to get involved.
- Proceeds from the thrift store, car sales, and recycling center are used to maintain and expand the services of the Fresno Rescue Mission, providing resources necessary to support and build new facilities for the ever-growing population of homeless and at-risk men, women, children, and families.
- Our thrift store is also your recycling center for broken or outdated electronics. GO GREEN! Bring us your old computer desktops and laptops, TVs, VCRs, cell phones, etc., and we’ll turn your gigantic paperweights into ministry treasure!
- ALL PURCHASES ARE TAX FREE!
2. What items can I donate?
- New or gently used clothing for men, women and children.
- Household goods, including small appliances that are in good/working condition.
- Kitchen items.
- Bathroom items.
- Decorative items.
- Clean, undamaged furniture.
- Large appliances in good/working condition.
- New or gently used toys.
- Computers and other electronic recyclables.
Our goal is to lift up homeless and at-risk individuals and families. Show you care by providing quality items!
3. What items do you NOT accept?
- Large appliances that DO NOT WORK.
- Badly worn or stained/soiled clothing.
- Damaged or soiled furniture.
You can donate vehicles you no longer have use for, whether they are running or not. This includes cars, trailers, boats, motorcycles, motor homes, etc. You will receive a tax deduction based on current vehicle donation laws.
To donate clothing and household goods, or to schedule a pickup, please contact our Fresno Rescue Mission Thrift Store and Cars:
181 E. Sierra Ave., Fresno (Between Blackstone and Fresno Street)
1-800-796-0051 or (559) 440-0870
You may deliver used goods to our Fresno Rescue Mission Thrift Store and Cars at:
181 E. Sierra (on Sierra between Blackstone and Fresno Streets) or just call us and we’ll schedule a driver to pick up your items while in your neighborhood!
Sponsor An Event
Each year, the Fresno Rescue Mission hosts events to support our ministries and their efforts to touch lives. But even the smallest event has a cost. By having churches, businesses, organizations, groups, and individuals support and sponsor these events (as well as volunteer), we keep our costs down and free up more opportunities to reach those in need. How can you help?
We typically list all upcoming events and opportunities in the “Save the Date” section of our newsletter as well as our online Events Calendar. Not only will you receive information about upcoming events, but you’ll also see stories about past events and the impact your support has made in their success!
Contact our Event Representatives (below) to:
- Sponsor the cost of the entire event or choose portions of the event you would like to cover. We will provide a list of needs for your convenience.
- Sponsor a drive to bring in donations toward a specific event or holiday need (such as food items, decorations, clothing, etc.) We like to start drives early to meet great needs, and needs lists are available to provide suggested options.
- Create a team to choose an area of responsibility and help orchestrate the outcome of a specific event.
Volunteer as an individual or join a team already in place (we’ll provide instructions on everything you need to do to prepare!)
For more information about sponsoring an event, contact:
FRM’s Department of Community Engagement
FRM Downtown Ministries
Property and Legacy Gifts
Legacy Giving is about ordinary people making extraordinary gifts! A legacy gift to the Fresno Rescue Mission allows you to help secure the vision, life, and mission of this time-tested ministry. Your gift will help ensure that we not are not only able to maintain, but can expand God’s ministry through the Fresno Rescue Mission, well into the future.
A gift made through your estate provides a lasting legacy of love and support, which directs your earthly treasure to reach souls for Christ. Your foresight now can result in many people entering into the joy of our Lord long after you have entered in yourself. Legacy Giving will ensure the Fresno Rescue Mission remains a vital ministry for generations to come!
There are countless ways to support the Fresno Rescue Mission through our Foundation. To maximize your gift and meet your individual needs, the Fresno Rescue Mission invites you to consider several opportunities:
Types of Legacy Gifts
Do you have a will or revocable living trust? Have you included the Fresno Rescue Mission in your estate plan? In light of recent federal estate tax changes, it is a good idea to review your existing estate plan to make sure your current plan reflects your wishes. It’s easy to include the Fresno Rescue Mission as a beneficiary in your will or living trust.
Do you own stock or mutual funds that have appreciated in value? By transferring the shares directly to the Fresno Rescue Mission, you’ll receive a valuable income tax deduction and avoid paying the capital gains tax that you would have paid if you sold the shares yourself.
Do you own a vacation home or rental property that takes up too much of your time with endless projects and oversight of the tenants? Consider making a donation of the property directly to the Fresno Rescue Mission. For your generous gift, you may receive an income tax deduction and may avoid paying the capital gains tax that you would have paid if you sold the property yourself.
It is possible to make a gift and get paid back in return. By donating cash, stock, or real estate to a life income plan, you can count on an income stream for life and receive an income tax donation. There are many ways to establish a plan that will meet your particular needs.
More than likely the primary beneficiary on your life insurance policy is your spouse, child, or other relative. Please consider naming the Fresno Rescue Mission as an additional beneficiary and split the insurance proceeds according to a set formula. For example, you can name your spouse as primary beneficiary of 75% of the proceeds and the Mission as beneficiary of 25% of the proceeds from the insurance.
As an enduring tribute to a family member or loved one, the Fresno Rescue Mission would be happy to assist you in choosing an appropriate commemoration for your gift in honor of, or in memory of, someone special to you.
For more information about these options, or including the Fresno Rescue Mission in your estate planning, contact Deborah Torres at email@example.com, or call
559-268-0839, Ext 204
Responsible Stewardship articles appeared in the following archived issues of Lighthouse News:
For more information on how to be a partner of RESCUE, please contact Deborah Torres at (599) 268-0839, Ext 204, or write to firstname.lastname@example.org