“Mission at the Mission”
… an Urban Retreat Center located in the heart of the Fresno Rescue Mission. This ministry exists to educate and equip church groups, schools, and community-based organizations to engage the population we serve through service projects inside and outside our facility.
Each of us has an opportunity to impact our neighborhoods, extending hope and acts of loving-kindness to people in need. Our thrill is to partner with YOU in this effort.
Through stories, educational presentations and opportunities for debriefs we help groups identify and truly “see” their neighbors in need. We help teams and individuals match their passions and skill-sets, connecting them to areas where they can make the greatest impact for social change. We help people respond effectively to the needs around them, making the most of every opportunity.
- Retreat center … for men, women, couples, and youth groups.
- Weekend getaways … for reunions, anniversaries, and prayer times.
- Mission-focused venues … dorm-style, camping, and mixed use.
- Custom events … business retreats, planning meetings, training, and recertification venues.
Starting at $30 per person (this includes lodging & meals). We want this to be of great value to the community! Call us today for details. We can help you plan your event!
We have accommodations tailor-made to meet your need:
- 22 dorm-style rooms each with their own bathroom and shower
- Office space – Wi-Fi equipped for Event Directors.
- Great Room for group gatherings and activities.
- Full-service kitchen
- Laundry facilities.
- Easy access to freeways (conveniently located near 41, 99 and 180).
Urban Plunge is designed to give participants a brief opportunity to engage with individuals experiencing isolation, deep poverty, and severe need.
Mission-at-the-Mission staff will provide helpful educational tools and service opportunities so that participants will be equipped to effectively reach out with compassion to people in need while using their personal gifts and talents to bolster their community.